It’s actually pronounced AHM-buh-shure … not ahm-BOO-shure.
First time here? You might want to watch the video above once or twice and click on the following links.
- Your Official DAY ONE Book: PDF
- Ukulele chord chart: PDF
- Our Harmonica Library
- Our Video Archive
- Weekly Schedule
What type of harmonica should you buy?
You’ll need a diatonic harmonica in the Key of C. Here are some choices in order of price our members have used successfully. The higher priced ones are better.
- (Low Price and Works Well) Folkmaster: Amazon Price
- (Gary’s Favorite) Special 20: Amazon Price
- (Our Group’s Favorite) Crossover: Amazon Price
To play more modern music you’ll need a chromatic harmonica in the Key of C. Here are some choices in order of price our members have used successfully. The higher priced ones are better.
- (Low Price and has all 12 Holes) EastTop Forerunner: Amazon Price
- (Industry Standard but Pricey) Super Chromonica: Amazon Price
How to Play Harmonica
To help teach somebody else how to play, download all these slides HERE.
- Wash your hands.
- Brush your teeth.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Sit up tall and pretty.
- Breathe from your belly.
- Don’t blow too hard.
- Pucker up. Gross!
- Air needs to go through one hole at a time.
- Kiss the harmonica … what?
- Use your kissing muscles for your embouchure.
- Your muscles and tongue also help you bend notes.
- Be ready to “tooo” between every note.
- Cup the harmonica with both hands.
- Move your hands, not your face.
- Harmonica tabs:
- 4 blow
- ~4 draw
- 4* blow with button in
- ~4* draw with button in
- (456) use multiple holes for chords
- Our sheet music includes ensemble arrangements for singers, pianists, guitarists, ukulele players, and any trained musician.
You should visit the Harmonica Library after you’re up and running.